Electronic Arts has announced that the fourth major update for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will release later this week, and Respawn has shared its complete changelog.
According to the release notes, Update 4 will update occlusion behavior for raytracing which will reduce idle time stalls. Moreover, it will improve data handling when toggling raytracing, improving non-raytraced performance.
The most important improvement of this upcoming patch, though, is Respawn’s attempts to address the game’s traversal stutters. As the team noted, Patch 4 will update streaming budgets that will help alleviate traversal hitching.
It’s also worth noting that Respawn aims to improve performance on newer i7 and i9 CPUs that have efficiency cores in newer patches. Additionally, the team aims to improve some hitching which can be attributed to streaming raytracing data, assets, and a gap in our prebuilt shaders.
As always, Steam and EA App will download this update once it becomes available. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Patch 4 Release Notes
- (PC only) Updated occlusion behavior for raytracing, reducing idle time stalls.
- (PC only) Updated streaming budgets that will help alleviate traversal hitching.
- (PC only) Performance improvements for some VFX.
- Coming soon to console
- (PC only) Updated data handling when toggling raytracing, improving non-raytraced performance.
- (PS5 only) Fixed an HDR value mismatch that would cause HDR setups to display incorrectly for PS5 users.
- Fixed various save state errors.
- Fixed a streaming issue that causes some streaming scenarios to end on a black screen.
- Fixed an issue where one of the vents did not properly activate in Stone Spires.
- Audio fix for a narrative moment where music was behaving incorrectly.
- Fixed lightsaber marks not displaying correctly in some scenarios.
- Fixed a scenario where the player could enter a progression blocked state in the Lucrehulk.
- Fixed an elevator to prevent the player from falling through it and entering a progression blocked state.
- Fixed a bug where Rayvis would become unbeatable.
- Fixed a severe animation issue that would break a late game narrative sequence.
- Fixed a collision bug where players can get stuck inside a Meditation Chamber.
- Added a note explaining that some of BD-1’s abilities are not available while in combat.
- Improved text scrolling.
- Minor text translation fixes.
- Various crash fixes.