Capcom has just released a brand new update for Monster Hunter Rise. According to the release notes, Title Update 4 adds new monsters, including a Risen elder dragon, and new Anomaly Research Quests. Furthermore, it brings a new “3D Audio” option, and new Event Quests.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Capcom has also shared a new trailer that showcases all the new features of this free update. And lastly, you can find below its complete changelog.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak - Free Title Update 4 (Nintendo Switch)
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Title Update 4 Release Notes
New Story Elements
- Added a new monster that will appear in Gathering Hub quests.
- Added new afflicted monsters and new Risen elder dragons to the game.
- Also added new quests.
- Raised the level cap for Anomaly Investigations.
- A wider variety of monsters now appear on Anomaly Investigations.
- Added new weapons, armor, layered equipment, and skills.
- Added Azure Star “Dragon Dance” and Azure Era “Soaring Dragon” as layered weapons.
- Raised the level cap for armor upgrades.
- Added new skills to the pool of potential skills available during Qurious Armor Crafting.
- You can now earn extra bonuses when expanding the Anomaly Slots on a weapon.
- Added new prizes to the Market’s lottery.
- Added new trinkets and hanging scrolls.
- Also added new items for trade at the Anomaly Research Lab.
New System Elements
- New “Hunter Loadout” feature added to the item box.
(To preserve the stability of the game data, this update will add 14 pages for the Hunter Loadout, with the next update expanding the number of pages to 28.)
- New feature to enable/disable “Sale BGM” at the housekeeper.
- Added new Guild Card titles.
- Also added a new Badge of Heroes.
Steam-Version-Only Additions and Changes
- New “3D Audio” option.
Bug Fixes and Balance Adjustments #1
- In Ver.126.96.36.199, an issue was addressed that prevented the player from carving a severed tail if the tail overlapped with the fence switch in the Arena. This fix was not properly reflected in Ver.10.0.2.0 and onward, so it has been fixed again.
- A notification will now be displayed when you’ve reached the maximum number of locked quests for Anomaly Investigations at the quest counter.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from performing any other actions if they go through a specific sequence of steps after copying the Lobby ID at the Courier’s Lobby Settings.
- Two features of Research Requests have been changed:
1. Just completing any Investigation at the specified level or above now counts as fulfilling a request.
2. If you also hunt the specified monster on the same quest, you will earn extra progress for the request.
- Lower required quest levels will now appear for Research Requests.
- Added “Anomaly Research & Followers” to the Hunter Info.
- Fixed an issue occasionally preventing the “Obtaining Anomaly Research Points” entry from being unlocked in the Hunter Info.
Bug Fixes and Balance Adjustments #2
- Fixed an issue preventing changes to keyboard settings from being reflected correctly for some menu items on the Guild Card’s “Buddy Info,” Awards,” and “Hunting Log” pages.
- Also fixed an issue causing motion blur to appear in some cutscenes when it has been enabled in the options.
- Fixed an issue causing an error when quitting the game if the graphics settings are set to “High,” the framerate cap is set to “90,” and V-sync is enabled in specific environments.
- Fixed an issue causing the screen mode to change from full screen to windowed on some monitors when using a DisplayPort cable and switching the monitors on and off.
- Some Event Quests are now part of the application itself, rather than being downloadable separately.
- A notification will now be displayed in case of an error when corrupted saved data is loaded.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Made other miscellaneous bug fixes.