Ninja Theory has just released a new PC patch for Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. According to the release notes, the December 7th Patch fixes the stuttering issues that people experienced with DX12. Moreover, it addresses the game’s ultra-wide screen issues.
Going into more details, Ninja Theory claims that it has fixed the DX12 stutters by pregenerating a package of shaders for both RT On and Off presets. As such, the game should, theoretically, run similarly to DX11 right now.
As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice December 7th Patch Release Notes
- Fix for ultra-wide screen support
- Fix for audio levels not being applied properly after the update in certain cases
- Additional fix for sliders not working when dragged along
- Fix for RT shadows switching when looking through a portal on Valravn’s map
- Fix for stuttering some people experience with DX12, done by pregenerating a package of shaders for both RT On and Off presets.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”