Climax Studios and Housemarque have released the first PC update for Returnal. The February 17th Patch, which weighs around 1.3GB in size, fixes a number of issues that plagued the game. The developers have also confirmed that they are working on a performance patch that will come out in the future.
Going into more details, the February 17th Update fixes an issue with the grass draw distance on Epic Particle settings. Furthermore, it resolves a rare issue with music stopping during Biome entry.
As said, this update does not bring any performance improvements. Moreover, it does not minimize or eliminate the additional stutters that occur when you enable the game’s Ray Tracing effects. My guess is that the latter will be resolved in the upcoming performance patch.
Naturally, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Returnal February 17th PC Update Release Notes
- Fix for rare issue with music stopping during Biome entry
- Fix for certain Ultrawide monitor setups not being detected in Full Screen
- Fix for incorrectly detecting the Windows resolution on first boot
- Fix for grass draw distance on Epic Particle settings
- Fix for PSN Sign in time outs
- Fix for Benchmark results rounding error