Mundfish has released Patch 184.108.40.206 for Atomic Heart. This update comes with a number of QoL improvements, as well as some bug fixes.
Patch 220.127.116.11 updates first-person animations and fixes issues with the character’s body showing when playing with high FOV. Moreover, it improves shadows and updates some of the game’s shaders. Not only that, but it resolves an issue with getting stuck in collisions in some places.
Mundfish also claimed that this update improves optimization (LTO and others). Thus, you may get a minor performance increase. However, there is still no word on when – and if – the team will release the promised Ray Tracing effects. My guess is that we’ll never see them. That or they may come with a GOTY Edition.
Anyway, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Atomic Heart Patch 18.104.22.168 Release Notes
- HUD, subtitle size settings
- Fixed an issue with unlocking achievements (note the additional nuances in the recommendations section)
- Fixed an issue with auto-detection of voice-over language
VISUALS AND AUDIO
- Improved display of shadows
- Fixed an issue with cartoons being absent in save rooms
- Removed binding of funiculars to FPS in the Vavilov Complex tunnels
- Updated shaders
- In certain places, the white image on TVs has been changed to static
- Fixed an issue with art subtitles—translation will now be displayed
- Updated first-person animations and fixed issues with the character’s body showing when playing with high FOV
- Fixed the freeze during the Morning Express quest
- Icarus in the VDNH now rises all the way when loading a save where it was stuck
- Fixed an issue with saving the puzzle with rays
- Fixed an issue with subtitle display (freezing)
GAMEPLAY / OPEN WORLD
- Added ability to loot corpses lying in the water
- Improved climbing in “corners”
- Added the ability to launch funiculars at the entrance to the Vavilov Complex tunnels after going through them
- Fixed an issue with getting stuck in collisions in some places
- Fixed several issues with the Mass Telekinesis ability
- Optimization and fixes for corpses of mobs
- Fixed an issue with health regeneration when loading a save
- Improved optimization (LTO and others)
- Fixed DLC content visualization on the character in the main menu