Firaxis has released a new update for XCOM 2 that adds controller support. As the team noted, XCOM 2 has now plug & play compatibility with both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers, and alternate controller options may require additional user adjustments.
According to the release notes, Firaxis has been hard at work tailoring the interface specifically for controllers so that it provides a level of comfort and accessibility that its players expect.
In addition, Firaxis released a video showing how players can combine controller support with the game’s versatile modding capabilities.
This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can find its changelog below.
XCOM 2 – Patch 7 Changelog:
- Adds traditional (non-Steam Controller) controller support to the PC
- Fix config/upk file issues that prevent full conversion mods from being possible on the Steam Workshop and also allow mods to have Bink files.
- In Alien Hunters, the “Ruler Reaction” notification will stay on the screen after a unit fires at the Archon King while he is using Icarus Drop during combat.
- SPARKS cannot be healed by Medikits
- Additional minor bug fixes