Egosoft has announced that the latest and, by far, most sophisticated space simulation in the vaunted X Series of games, X4: Foundations, will be available on Steam and GOG.com later today. X4: Foundations is described as a space simulation played as an action game from the 1st person in a living breathing universe, aiming to deliver the franchise’s most sophisticated universe simulation ever.
Players will manage an empire while exploring space in first person. They can FLY EVERY SHIP, TRADE and FIGHT to BUILD their empire with modular station construction and think carefully when embarking on an epic journey.
According to the press release, the game is completely realistically simulated and the economy can go through massive changes. No two universes in different player save games will be anything alike after just a few hours of playtime. NPC factions are now able to freely decide what factories and ships to build, and it is all eventually consumed in the ultimate big economy drain: WAR.
It is this realistic simulation at the core which makes all player experiences in that universe so much more authentic. Every action has the potential to influence something else, something bigger. Things do not just happen because of the player, but because a part of this real simulation. For instance, when a ship is destroyed, it won’t deliver its goods to a factory, causing prices to increase.
Here are the key features of X4: Foundations.
- Spaceflight sandbox: Acquire ships and upgrade their systems or create fleets of hundreds. From small scouts to massive capital ships. Fly them all from cockpit or bridge and remote command with a powerful map.
- Research: Research new technologies like teleportation, blueprints for station and ship construction and much more
- Build: Full creativity with station construction. Station and factory modules can be freely connected to form ever-growing economic or military installations.
- Explore: A massive universe awaits sheer endless opportunities for exploration. Find resources for mining and crafting, to acquire rare technologies. Explore ancient installations.
- Sandbox Gamestarts: Start into X4 from a variety of angles. Represent different factions, ships, and technologies. Every start offers a new view at the universe, but all allow you to unlock everything.
- Dynamic universe: Factions build and expand stations dynamically and react to the economy and military threats. Every game can take a new and unexpected turn for the entire universe.
- Complex Economy: Trade with a single ship or rise to become an empire manager competing with entire civilizations. A fully simulated and dynamic economy reacts to changes on every level.