Digital Extremes has announced that Empyrean, Warframe’s explosive new four-player co-op battleship experience, is available now for free on PC. Roaring across the stunning new space environments of Earth, Saturn, and Veil Proxima, Empyrean sends Warframe players into a space combat odyssey unlike anything they’ve seen before. In the future-tech Railjack battleship, clans will crash into hostile Grineer forces in fast-paced, cooperative, realtime spaceship battles.
In Empyrean, veteran and new players alike will find themselves playing closely together using high-level cooperation and communication skills. Whether it’s blasting hordes of opponent Fighters and Crewships, or shooting like a bullet from the Archwing Cannon into enemy vessels to commandeer or destroy them, players will wield new upgradeable offensive firepower.
But to succeed, Railjack squads will need both offense and defense. The working Railjack vessel takes damage, requires resources to keep ammo flowing, and will need players’ coordinated attention, from dousing fires and welding hull holes to combating enemy boarding parties.
Empyrean Highlights Include:
- Welcome to the Railjack: Empyrean puts players at the helm of the Sigma Series Railjack battleship. This ultra powerful ship is upgradeable, customizable, and the centerpiece for all future Empyrean space missions, battles and Cinematic Quests.
- Getting the Team Together: This phase of Empyrean is designed and optimized as a cooperative experience. Solo players will still be able to enjoy Empyrean, but the difficulty and progression is balanced around full crews. The year 2020 will bring enhanced solo capabilities and more surprises!
- Free Flight: Intimidated? Don’t be. Try out the Railjack in Free Flight Mode. Learn the basics without engaging in battle and then join a squad when you’re ready.
- Railjack Powers: The Railjack itself provides incredibly diverse options to counter Grineer assailants. With constantly updated technology like Cloaking Fields and Void Holes to be earned, and special moves like “Juke” to out-maneuver enemies, players will earn powerful moves as they progress.
- Warframe Powers: Aboard the Railjack in combat, players also have a wealth of fantasy-fulfilling options at hand. They can jettison into battle using Archwings to infiltrate enemy ships or shoot from “Archwing cannons” to annihilate smaller ships. Using the Tactics map, Tenno can tap into on-board Warframe Abilities and cast them where needed. They direct their teammates to attend crises, welding hull holes or confronting a boarding party, and they can teleport from location to location, whether it’s on board the Raijack or an enemy vessel.
Empyrean a;sp brings with it new innovative game systems that expand Warframe’s space battle fantasy. From choosing simple Railjack aesthetics like ship names, colors and skins, to constructing weapons, armor and powers, Empyrean’s new upgrade systems are deep and powerful. They include:
- Intrinsics: With the totally new “Intrinsics” feature, players will experience a new reliable RPG progression system. By playing through missions and earning Intrinsics points, Tenno build their own player ranked skills
- Avionics: These are the vessel’s upgradable ‘powers’. They comprise Battle, Integrated, and Tactical types and they work like Warframe Abilities
- Components: Guns, Engines, Reactors, and Shields
- Armaments: AKA weaponry, are different firepower types