Draw Distance has announced a new Vampire: The Masquerade game called Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York. Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York presents the conflict between two vampiric factions: the traditionalist Camarilla and the fiercely independent Anarchs among the iconic landmarks and night lights of The Big Apple.
According to its description, this will be a unique, atmospheric, single-player narrative experience, set in a rich, fully licensed, globally recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
Now I know that some of you will be wondering what kind of game this actually is. From the looks of it, this will be a visual novel so basically think of it as an interactive story with choices-that-matter; dark, atmospheric, emotional narration meets Telltale-like way of creating morally challenging dilemmas, answers to which are entirely up to the players, allowing them to reach one of a variety of possible endings.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Choose your character from one of several distinct Clans
- Every playable character offers unique powers (Disciplines), different ethical approaches to certain issues, and dialogue lines
- Character-oriented quests allow you to create your own coterie and shape your relations by reinforcing NPC loyalties
- Highly replayable – choices made in the game are reflected by the game’s changing fiction
- Various endings depending on your actions – which conclusion will you reach?
- Suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of mature narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting
Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York is coming to Steam in Q4 2019, and below you can find its announcement trailer!