Kalypso Media has just announced Tropico 6. Tropico 6 represents a bold new lease of life for the much-loved series, with new developer Limbic Entertainment bringing exciting new ideas to El Presidente’s highly-polished table, as well as a stunning new engine developed in Unreal Engine 4.
For the first time in the series, players will manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect their islands and establish new means of transportation and infrastructure. Payers can send their agents on raids to steal the wonders of the world, including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Players can also customize their palace at will and give election speeches from their balcony, to win the favour of your subjects.
Tropico 6 is described as the biggest, most beautiful and most ambitious entry in the series’ history, with many more exciting features to be announced in the coming weeks and months.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Tropico 6 features cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to 4 players.