Epic Games has announced that Tropico 5 is currently available for free on Epic Games Store. For the next 24 hours, PC gamers can visit the game’s EGS page and acquire their free copy.
Tropico 5 is a strategy game, in which players can expand their Dynasty’s reign from the early colonial period to beyond the 21st Century.
You can acquire your free copy of Tropico 5 from here. Below you can also find the game’s key features.
Tropico 5 Key Features
- The Eras. Start your reign during colonial times, survive the World Wars and the Great Depression, be a dictator during the Cold War, and advance your country to modern times and beyond. From the 19th century to the 21st, each era carries its own challenges and opportunities.
- The Dynasty. Each member of El Presidente’s extended family is present on the island and may be appointed as a ruler, a manager, an ambassador or a general. Invest in the members of your Dynasty to unlock new traits and turn them into your most valuable assets.
- Research and Renovate. Advance your nation by discovering new buildings, technologies and resources. Renovate your old buildings to more efficient modern buildings.
- Advanced trade system and trade fleet. Amass a global trade fleet and use your ships to secure trade routes to neighboring islands or world superpowers, both for export and import.
- Explore your island. Discover what lies beyond the fog of war. Find valuable resource deposits and explore the ruins of ancient civilizations.
- All new art. All artwork has been re-designed from scratch to provide Tropico 5 with a unique visual identity. Choose from over 100 buildings from each of the individual eras.
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer. Up to 4 players can build up their own cities and economies on any given island map. Players can choose to share resources, supplies and population or declare war on each other.