XSEED Games and Nihon Falcom have released a brand new patch for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II. This patch adds 120 FPS and 240 FPS frame limiter options, packs various optimizations to loading speed and caching, and fixes memory allocation ordering issues, eliminating some types of crashes occuring on some sytems.
In addition, patch 1.2 adds two experimental options that can be enabled by command line options. These two options are: HD font and LargeCache.
As the developers noted:
This update introduces two experimental options that can be enabled by command line options. Note that these are experimental for a reason – we want to provide them to you if you are interested, but they are not fully tested throughout the entire game.
- -hdfont : This option enables a high definition font. It is natively designed for 4x the resolution of the default font. This will be especially useful in combination with the QHD UI mod.
- -largecache : Increases the size of the cache, which should make the loading time optimizations even more effective in longer sessions and reduce the number of instances of longer cache-clearing load times.
This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can find its complete changelog below.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 Patch 1.2 Release Notes
- Various optimizations to loading speed and caching.
- Fix memory allocation ordering issues, eliminating some types of crashes occuring on some sytems.
- Permanently cache battle UI images to improve battle loading speed and prevent some rendering issues.
- Correctly apply English localized textures for ARCUS covers when playing the English version.
- Reduce Z-fighting on support character cut-ins during Divine Knight battles.
- Fix flickering and shadow issues in Sachsen Iron Mine map.
- Eliminate visible texture seams at some resolutions on title screen and some shop screen tabs.
- Fix aspect ratio of cockpit cutins when playing in ultra widescreen.
- Pillar box shop menus when playing in ultra widescreen.
- Added 120 FPS and 240 FPS frame limiter options.
- Added experimental HD font option.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”