Samar Studio has announced a new survival-open-world-crafting (SOC) shooter game, called The Front. The Front will be coming to PC later this year, and below you can find its debut screenshots and trailer.
The Front takes place in a post-apocalyptic sandbox landscape populated with zombie-like mutants and hostile factions. Players will need to work together to survive. Players can build a base with adequate defenses is important, but friends can mean the difference between death and survival when exploring the world to scour for resources and crafting formulas, and especially when fighting off waves of enemies.
The developers describe The Front as a mix of DayZ, The Forest and Battlefield. Below you can also find its key features.
- An open world 36km² in size featuring distinct biomes such as forests, snowlands, and deserts, each with its own resources and ecosystem.
- A realistic day/night cycle and ten different types of weather, including blizzards, fog, and thunderstorms
- 400+ tech formulas to learn
- 30 types of basic building modules and nearly 100 different functional components used to construct logical electrical systems, irrigation systems, automated defenses, and more
- 20+ kinds of defenses and traps used to protect bases from onslaughts, including crossbows, catapults, meat grinders, arrow walls, poison gas, shocking electrical devices
- An arsenal of modern weapons customizable with attachments like sights, grips, and tactical flashlights
- A wide array of land, air, and sea vehicles that can be augmented with additional armor and weapons
- Ten distinct survival indices, including hunger, thirst, hypothermia, and infection
- Formidable enemies with unique characteristics, such as high HP or the ability to self-detonate and unleash devastating toxic clouds
The Front - Official Reveal Trailer