Back in June 2022, we shared some screenshots from the upcoming fourth chapter of the Half-Life: Blue Shift Remake Mod for Black Mesa, Black Mesa: Blue Shift. And today, we are happy to report that this new chapter will release on December 10th.
In Black Mesa: Blue Shift, players will relive the Black Mesa Incident as Gordon Freeman’s best friend, Barney Calhoun. This fan remake currently has the first three chapters of Blue Shift. These chapters are Living Quarters Outbound, Insecurity and Duty Calls.
Here are the key features of the upcoming new version of Black Mesa: Blue Shift.
- Critical bug fixes (No more softlocks and invisible cables!)
- Gameplay improvements (Better Guidance throughout Chapter 3)
- Visual improvements throughout all chapters (Better lighting and models)
- Animations improvements
- Performance optimizations
- Addition of interactable telephones (Who leaves them all hanging?)
- Support for more languages (Ukrainian, German, Czech, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese and French)
- Updated UI and its navigation
- Barney’s finally got his package delivered!
Enjoy the following videos and stay tuned for more!