Back in March, we informed you about a new Sonic racing game that was being developed by SEGA and today, Walmart leaked this new game. This Sonic racing game will be called Team Sonic Racing and below you can find its first details, as well as its first screenshots.
According to the Walmart page, Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Players will take control of their racing style as they can choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit their racing style.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Classes 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.
Walmart has currently listed the game for Nintendo Switch but we’re pretty sure that Team Sonic Racing will be coming to all other current-gen platforms, including the PC.
Enjoy the first screenshots and stay tuned for more!
Team Sonic Racing is officially coming to the PC this Winter and you can watch below its reveal trailer.