Night Dive Studios has just released the pre-alpha demo for the remastered version of System Shock. In addition, the team has launched the game’s Kickstarter campaign, aiming to raise $900K in the next 29 days.
System Shock is powered by the Unity Engine and its demo represents the look and feel that Night Dive Studios wants to achieve with the final version.
As the team noted, performance, features and visuals are subject to change. Whether this means that we’ll get a downgrade or a visual improvement in the final version remains to be seen.
You can download the demo from its Kickstarter page.
Here are the key features of System Shock:
- A modern take on System Shock, a faithful reboot; it’s not Citadel Station as it was, but as you remember it. Many improvements, overhauls and changes are being implemented to capture the spirit of what the original game was trying to convey, and bring it to contemporary gamers.
- Re-imagined enemies, weapons, and locations by original concept artist Robb Waters.
- Terri Brosius reprises her role as SHODAN, and new VO will be recorded.
- Brand new musical score composed by Jonathan Peros.
- The user interface, game mechanics, enemies, and puzzles will be updated to reflect modern aesthetics and sensibilities, while maintaining the feel of the original.
Have fun everyone!