Kalypso Media has revealed that the launch date for Sudden Strike 4 has been set as Friday 11th August 2017 for a worldwide Steam release. To accompany the announcement, Kalypso Media also released three videos in a new ‘General’s Handbook’ video series on YouTube, in which Sudden Strike 4 Producer Christian Schlütter runs through the basic gameplay principles of the game and discusses how the title has evolved and changed throughout the development process.
Developed as a fully-fledged series entry and not a remake or reboot, Sudden Strike 4 sends you off on three extensive campaigns set amongst the battlefields of World War II. Commanding the British and American, German or Soviet troops, you will lead over 100 different units into battle, including the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and the notorious German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger.
In a first for the Sudden Strike series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery, who will each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.
Sudden Strike 4 promises to offer countless ways to vanquish your opponents. Exploit the weak spots of tanks, set up an ambush, occupy buildings with infantry, outmanoeuvre the enemy with clever positioning or unleash devastating air strikes.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- ‘Pause and play’ system allows you to suspend the action while issuing detailed commands and manoeuvres to your units
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration