Versus Evil announced a new psychological horror game that will be coming out on PC in 2023 and will be using Unreal Engine 5, Stray Souls. In order to celebrate this, the publisher has also shared the game’s official announcement trailer which you can find below
In Stray Souls, you play as Daniel; an average teenager whose life is forever changed after inheriting the home of his estranged grandmother and meeting a mysterious woman with intimate knowledge about his family, the house, and its shocking connection to his past.
According to the devs, the game will have classic horror combat with Soulslike precision. Furthermore, Stray Souls will attempt to put a fresh spin on the modern action-horror genre.
By using Unreal Engine 5, Jukai Studio will aim to offer advanced facial animations for a wide range of human emotions. The game will also have dynamic lighting and weather. However, there is no word on whether Stray Souls will support Nanite or Lumen.
Lastly, you can find below the game’s key features.
Stray Souls Key Features
- Explore the town of Aspen Falls and surrounding areas to uncover a malevolent plot set in motion at Daniel’s birth.
- Immerse yourself in Daniel’s story. Choose responses at key moments through branching dialogue options, shaping Daniel’s tone and personality.
- Fight hordes of nasty creatures or run for your life. Simplified combat without massive loadouts puts the focus on strategizing combat tactics and resource management.
- Solve dozens of clever puzzles with out of the box solutions to test your wit.
- Randomized systems ensure that enemy encounters, item locations, changing weather patterns, and strange phenomena all occur at various places, making each playthrough unique.