Modder ‘praydog’ has released a new version of the REFramework that adds support for both the Chainsaw Demo and final versions of Resident Evil 4 Remake. For those unaware, REFramework adds (among other things) generic 6DOF VR support for all the games using the RE Engine.
REFramework also adds a first-person mode for a select number of RE games. Resident Evil 2 Remake and Resident Evil 3 Remake currently support this FPS mode. Not only that, but the mod introduces a FOV Slider to all RE games.
Yesterday, we shared a video that showcased Resident Evil 4 Remake with an FPS viewpoint. That was an experimental version of REFramework, so hopefully it will have a proper FPS Mode by the time the full version comes out.
You can download the latest version of REFramework from here. Below you can also find the key features of this mod.
REFramework Key Features
- Lua Scripting API & Plugin System
- Generic 6DOF VR support for all games
- Motion controls for RE2/RE3/RE7/RE8
- First Person (RE2, RE3)
- Manual Flashlight (RE2, RE3, RE8)
- Free Camera (All games)
- Scene Timescale (All games)
- FOV Slider (All games)
- Vignette Disabler (All games)
- Ultrawide/Aspect Ratio fixes (All games)
- GUI Hider/Disabler (All games)