Motive Studios has released a brand new update for Star Wars Squadrons, that adds some new free content to it. According to the release notes, Update 4.0 adds the New Republic B-wing and Imperial TIE defender. Furthermore, it brings Custom Matches, and adds the Fostar Haven map to Fleet Battles and Dogfight.
Additionally, Update 4.0 adds official support for TrackIR. This is something that will please a lot of PC gamers, so kudos to the team. Moreover, this latest patch packs a number of server-side matchmaking improvements.
As always, Steam and Origin will download Update 4.0 the next time you launch their clients. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Star Wars Squadrons Update 4.0 Release Notes
- Added Custom Games and a server browser, available in the Multiplayer & Training menu
- Adjusted Skill Rating requirements for each tier via server-side change last week
- Updated Skill Rating gain/loss ratios to better reflect each player’s performance in a match via server-side change last week
- Ongoing server-side matchmaking improvements
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the player didn’t skip through the outro screens of a match
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when loading into Fostar Haven
- Also fixed an issue where having Lighting quality set to Low could create intense flashes of light on Fostar Haven
- Fixed an issue where AI in multiplayer could on occasion deal no hull damage to players with their primary weapons
- Fixed or improved instances of poor collision detection on Fostar Haven, Galitan, Esseles, Nadiri Dockyards, Zavian Abyss, and Sissubo
- Also fixed issue where the interior of the TIE interceptor could disappear after respawning
- Fixed issue where Star Destroyer engine VFX could flicker
- Fixed an issue where PlayStation 5 visuals appeared blurry.
- Fixed an issue where at times players could not see their own stats on the Career page
- Added support for TrackIR on PC
- Improved how the game detects and handles device inputs under the same device name
- Fixed an issue where the game would not detect all input devices if multiple were plugged in
- Fixed issue where PC users with more than 5 input devices were unable to adjust device order in some cases
- Added controller rumble for ion cannon, assault shield, and beam cannon
- Fixed an issue where the mini-stick input on the Hori HOTAS for Xbox One did not work properly
- Added the option to toggle game controllers between dynamic (default) and static throttle. This option can be used to correct the behavior of the throttle on certain input devices, such as the Hori HOTAS for PS4.
- Added new cosmetics that will be rolled out over time through in-game events and Operations
- Improved lighting for dashboard figures where needed
- Fixed issue where an Astromech-shaped hole could appear in the decorative UI elements around the “Powerful Ally” X-wing skin
- Fixed an issue where on occasion no indicator would display after a capital ship was destroyed
- Reduced the max time waiting in the briefing room from 120 seconds to 90 seconds
- Fixed an issue where Titan One could have a hologram effect on their legs in the briefing room
- Fixed an issue where there was no UI indicator on some spawned New Republic squadrons
- Friends will now display in alphabetical order for easier use
- Improved the loading time of the friends list for players with many friends
- Fixed an issue where all the players could appear as the same one in the intro cinematic
- Fixed an issue where the game could load infinitely as Mission 1 ended
- Fixed an issue where some players couldn’t progress past the objective to “Follow Gunny” in Mission 1
- Also fixed an issue where the drifting tutorial couldn’t be completed with arrow keys on PC in Mission 3.
- Individual sub-tiers in the rank ladder now display their SR requirements
- Fixed an issue where the defeated player’s username would display very small in the kill cam
- Fixed an issue where text would inconsistently display as outlined when it shouldn’t
- Also fixed an issue where the prompt to leave the briefing room could continue into the intro cinematic and game
- “Recenter HMD” VR input is now appropriately displayed on the PC controls screen
- Added a few new loading screen tips related to the new content.
- Fixed an issue where ships could pop into view midway through the hangar enter/exit cinematics while playing in VR
- Fixed an issue where doubled images could occur when tracking points in PSVR while rotating the in-game camera.
- Fixed an issue where the player could load into Esseles instead of Fostar Haven when playing against AI.