Vince_Helm has released a new beta version of the Spirit of Diablo mod for Diablo 2. This mod aims to make the game feel and play more like the first title in this hack n slash RPG series. Moreover, the mod makes the game harder and harder, and brings new character and more flexible char builds.
Going into more details, beta version 0.6 reworks the Book system and the 3rd Skill Tab. Moreover, it increases the max level for skills/spells in 3rd tab to 5, and brings various skill description fixes. It also modifies the speed for polearms, maces, 2 handed axes so they can be faster, and changes the Fire Claws synergies.
You can download the latest version of the Spirit of Diablo mod from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Spirit of Diablo Beta Version 0.6 Release Notes
- 3rd skill tab redone
- 3rd skill tab renamed to “Shared”
- Max level for skills/spells in 3rd tab is now level 5
- Energy renamed to “Magic”
- Spell Book renamed to “Magic Book”
- Book system reworked
- Removed + other skills modifiers on magic items
- No more synergies based on character level
- No more synergies based on base mana
- Scepters are no longer sold by merchants
(the plan is to either remove or replace them later)
- Faster attack speed for polearms, maces, 2 handed axes
- Quick fix for akara selling overpowered staves
(min levels required)
- Guided arrow no longer requires cold arrow
- Fire Claws synergies changed
- Holy shock no longer requires a missing skill
- Various skill description fixes