Our reader ‘OnnA’ has informed us about a new strategy game that is currently under development for the PC, Shock Tactics. Shock Tactics is set to be a single player turn-based sci-fi strategy game with tactical combat, exploration, squad management and base building.
According to the developers, the game is inspired by the space western style of Firefly, the massive weapons of Warhammer 40k and turn-based games like Jagged Alliance and X-COM.
In Shock Tactics, players take the role of trailblazer:
“You are a trailblazer for the first wave of the free Space Pioneers that are exploring an ancient alien homeworld. In their century old struggle with the dictatorship of the Imperial Consortium, this planet is the first real hope of finding a new home for their people.”
Shock Tactics is currently in alpha stage, and here are its key features:
- Challenging squad tactics combat: Lead your crew against smart enemies that employ a large array of tactics. Know your enemy, build a strategy, rule the battlefield.
- Exploration is key: The world map is full of mysterious landmarks containing alien technologies and ancient secrets that you can unravel to become strong enough to tip the balance of fate.
- Procedurally generated world map: You never know what you will find when exploring the world. This makes strategic decisions unique for each game session and leads to a high replayability.
- Crew progression: Build a strong crew of fierce warriors capable of defeating everything the alien world throws at you.
- Base building: Expand your base with structures to build advanced weapons, develop sophisticated healing capabilities and research alien technologies.
- An immersive open world: You are the spearhead of the Space Pioneers on the Rim World. You have to make tough calls to secure the future of your people in the midst of an escalating war on this hostile planet.
Point Blank Games aims to show Shock Tactics live gameplay for the first time at the DevGAMM in Hamburg 10.-11 this September.
Enjoy and stay tuned for more!