Croteam has released a brand new update for Serious Sam 4. According to the release notes, patch 1.07 brings a Christmas event, as well as a Survival Mode.
The Christmas event is only available to Steam players. Players will find a lonely tree in Death from Above, decorate it, and enjoy a trip to an alien-infested Winter Wonderland. On the other hand, the brand new Survival mode spans three maps, playable in single-player and co-op.
Update 1.07 also comes with some performance and stability improvements across all graphics APIs. It also improves support, performance, and stability for Nvidia’s 3000-series GPUs. Additionally, it fixes an issue that caused significant frame drops during the Drone side-quest on Breakfast in France.
As always, Steam will download Update 1.07 the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Serious Sam 4 Patch 1.07 Release Notes
- 2020 is coming to an end. Finally. It felt like survival for most of us, so we thought – let’s celebrate it accordingly. Serious Sam 4 now has a brand new Survival mode spanning three maps, playable in singleplayer and co-op. Go, survive, my little ones.
- [STEAM ONLY] It wouldn’t be Christmas without a symbolic in-game event. Find a lonely tree in Death from Above, decorate it, and enjoy a trip to an alien-infested Winter Wonderland. Get your presents, but beware… some of them may contain something worse than a lump of coal.
- Santa Sam is coming to town. And he’s bringing guns.
Performance and stability:
- Improved stability and performance across graphics APIs.
- Improved support, performance, and stability for Nvidia’s 3000-series GPUs.
- Fixed an issue that caused significant frame drops during the Drone side-quest on Breakfast in France.
- Fixed an issue where the player could be unfairly booted from the map in the Vatican.
- Small enemies can once more be gibbed with non-piercing weapons. Because we all absolutely love gibs.
- We’ve done work on most of the cutscenes, making them shinier and weirder. That’s how we roll.
- Improved visibility on those pesky reptiloids. You should see them a bit better now and it should be easier to shoot one right between their eyes.
- We have added a pine branch tip to simple mesh. I have no idea what that means, but I still included it because it sounds kinda fancy.
- Improved formatting for subtitles across languages.
- Improved the appearance of weapon and gadget ammo lists on the HUD based on community feedback. See? We listen.
- Fixed an issue where the quick gadget prompt wouldn’t go away. We scared it, so it will only pop up once now.
- Netricsa and skill point notifications will no longer overlap each other.