Second Extinction is a co-op shooter, players will team up with up to two other resistance fighters to fight dinosaurs. This game was meant to hit Steam Early Access earlier this month. However, and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the game was slightly delayed. And today, Systemic Reaction revealed that the game will come out on October 13th.
According to the team, the Early Access version will feature fast-paced FPS combat, player progression and rewards. It will also have the War Effort Mode; a community-driven meta game where players actions alter map status. Early Access will allow the team to further improve the gameplay, and add new content to the game.
Going into more details, the Steam Early Access of Second Extinction will feature:
- 1-3 player online co-op fast paced FPS action
- A large open map set in the frozen tundra broken into 7 regions with dynamic weather, different time of days, insertion and extraction points, spawning of enemies and activities.
- The War Effort – Community driven meta game, where players actions alter map status.
- Region based dynamic threat system altering difficulty, enemies and activities.
- Wide range of emergence events – Special events that alter a region further
- 6 missions to be replayed and mastered with a 5 star scoring system
- 12 different activities, optional for players to take on during missions
- 4 unique characters falling into 3 classes, with their own unique abilities (X 3), upgrade path and voice.
- 10 Enemy dinosaur types ranging from toops, to larger specials.
- 10 weapons with unique upgrade paths and perks.
- Kit for load out – 6 grenades, 6 offensive and defensive payloads, health kit.
- Player profile leveling from 1-25 unlocking we and kits for your heors.
- Complete missions, activities and contracts and kill enemies to gather Research point (XP) and materials for exchanging for weapon Upgrades
- Contracts – Additional challenges that update weekly and give additional and unique awards
- Title system and name plates – Show who was best as what in your team. after each match and win titles. Store your personal bests and win unique name plates for those achievements.
- Unlock and win cosmetics through the above systems – Character skins, Weapon skins, Emotes, Name plates
- Fully voiced characters
- Soundtrack composed by Zach Abramson
- An always online game – Inventories stored online to reduce cheating and help
- Matchmaking to find players to join you
- Hot joining to allow the rejoining of lost sessions
- Steam Achievements
- Text fully localised in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese and Japanese.
- Apex Connect – The Avalanche Games Group account system.
- Range of accessibility and functionality settings.
You can also find the game’s official PC system requirements here.