Microsoft and Rare have announced that the fourth major update for Sea of Thieves, Shrouded Spoils, is now available for download. According to the press release, Shrouded Spoils features new content and improvements to give a deeper and richer experience for those who own the game or access it through Xbox Game Pass.
Going into more details, thanks this new patch adds fog effects that can appear suddenly and cloak all manner of dangers at sea and on land, improves skeleton ships, adds new Merchant Alliance items and makes the Kraken to appear more frequently.
As always, this new update will be auto-downloaded from the Windows Store and below you can find its key features.
Sea of Thieves Shrouded Spoils Update Key Features
- The addition of fog that can appear suddenly and cloak all manner of dangers at sea and on land
- New Merchant Alliance items to find including the explosive Mega-keg, Crate of Ancient Bone Dust and Mermaid Statue Gems
- More skeleton forts to take on as six new forts become active making nine in total
- Improved skeleton ships including the addition of a new skeleton sloop, a new ‘Battle of the Devil’s Roar’ skeleton ship skirmish and the addition of roaming skeleton ships who display varying levels of aggression
- New ways to express yourself including all-new ship customisations – cannons, wheels and capstans – and the time-limited ‘Wailing Barnacle’ ship and cosmetic set
- A range of new Pirate Legend Commendations for Athena Levels 1-10
- More frequent appearances from the Kraken (who’s also learned some new tricks), a range of new Megalodon variants to find and rewards and commendations for defeating these monsters