Devolver Digital and Gamepires have announced that SCUM has surpassed 1 million copies sold worldwide. In order to thanks its fans, Gamepires is currently offering a golden DEagle .50 to everyone.
According to the developers, players can get their gun through their prison wallet, the first time nature calls. The DEagle 50 will be available for all users until September 25th.
Furthermore, Gamepires has released a new patch that comes with various client/server performance tweaks, adds extra LODs, increases server tick rate, tweaks footsteps attenuations and fixes collision on barracks where you were stuck in it.
As always, Steam will auto-download this latest patch the next time you launch its client and you can find its complete changelog below.
SCUM Patch 0.1.17.8849 Release Notes
- Various client/server performance tweaks
-Added Atlas LODs for Factory Hangar 01 (cleanup old LOD fbx files)
-Projectile initial lifespan reduced to 6 seconds
-Increased server tick rate
-Added Atlas and bake LODs for Silo Factory and Hangar to Chimney bridge (edited materials, added textures)
-Added new Atlases and recreated all new LODs for Jail Entrance Building Bridge01/02/03
-Refinery elements – Added Extra Lods (Distant City optimization)
-Added Atlas LODs for Jail Workshop
- Added silver version of DEagle .50 and .357 that can be found through the world.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to add an item to a container inside a container (e.g. backpack inside a backpack), should fix an item duplicating exploit
- Added admin command #SetTime to control server time
- Disabled pace adjustment with the scroll wheel in inventory
- Added DEagle to event loadout (You can use the silver ones in events)
- Actions which need a selected item should by default take the item in hands into account (You do not need to select the item in your hands anymore to perform various actions: Fire starting, can opening, etc… but the corresponding item for the action still needs to be in hands)
- Disabled prisoner visibility hiding in first person view, if not camouflaged. (Players won’t pop invisible/visible randomly in first person anymore)
- Tweaked footsteps attenuations. (Lowered the radius of footstep sounds)
- Added distinct sound to granades when they impact with the ground
- Landscape C_4, D_4 grass.flushcache (Fixed a bug where on D4 was no foliage)
- Prison – Added Extra loot packages (Cover)
- Fixed collision on barracks where you were stuck in it.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”