The sci-fi RPG Ancient Frontier has been released on Steam, giving players the opportunity to take the helm of a space craft in the tactical turn-based combat that spans over 50+ hours.
The two man team from Fair Weather Studios has devised a game that allows players to take control of a space craft and progress through a RPG like story that has two main campaigns, averaging out to over 50+ hours of gameplay.
Players can level up their ships and conquer the frontiers of space by liberating, destroying or even just exploring but when a ship is lost there is no retrieving it.
Here is a list of the key features the game offers:
- Two fully-fledged campaigns with fully voiced dialogue.
- Over 50 hours of gameplay.
- Dynamic initiative based turn based combat.
- RPG elements including experience progression for ships.
- Permadeath – once a ship is gone, it’s gone.
- Fleet management – choose which ships to take into battle.
- Over 35 unique ships to command.
- Customize your playstyle by unlocking technologies in an extensive Tech Tree.
- Two major factions and three sub-factions.
- Large, detailed space maps to fight across.
- Resource management – scavenge for resources and spend them to upgrade and obtain new ships and upgrades.
- Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control.
Ancient Frontier is currently available on steam with a discount of 25% to accompany it’s launch!
Hello! My name Jak Connor I’m based in Australia and I picked up PCgaming as child when I was around ten years old. I mostly played RTS games back then, putting many hours into Age of Empires 1/2 and Age of Mythology. My love for PC gaming grew and stayed with me as I now have a passion for gaming and the amazing technology jumps developers show us all the time. I pledge that I will be bringing you fine people of DSOgaming the most unique and interesting news I can find!