Skunkape Games has announced that a remastered version of Telltale’s second season of episodic Sam & Max games will release on December 8th. This collection will be called Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space, and you can find below its announcement trailer.
In this five-episode collection of interconnected cases, Sam & Max are back on the crime beat in a showdown with Santa Claus, a race to subdue a giant volcano, and a face-off with a Eurotrash vampire.
Here are the game’s key features:
- An adventure game that makes you laugh. Explore unexpected places, chat with eccentric characters, and tease out brain-tickling puzzles in an interactive story that has a joke hiding behind every hotspot.
- Beautifully remastered. Lighting, lip-sync, cinematography, audio, music, and more have been updated and enhanced to bring Sam & Max’s second episodic season up to modern standards.
- No walkthrough required. The game detects when you’re stuck and provides subtle contextual hints. Hint frequency can be customized to accommodate all playing styles.
- Optional driving mini-games. Take the wheel of Sam & Max’s 1960 DeSoto convertible for fun diversions from the story. The hood decals and car upgrades you win carry over across episodes.
- Localization. English voice with subtitles in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.