34BigThings has released Redout; a futuristic racer that is basically a tribute to the old racing monsters such as F-Zero, WipeOut, Rollcage, and POD. Redout is powered by the Unreal Engine 4, and promises to feature beautiful and instantly recognisable aesthetics.
PCMRace has shared with us some videos from the game’s preview build, so go ahead and take a look.
Here are the key features of Redout:
- Online multiplayer – match against 12 players around the world for a real challenge
- Optional VR Support – Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or Razer OSVR.
- Career mode – 75+ events to race, experience, level up and upgrade your ship
- A Diverse World – 20 tracks scattered around 4 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth, plus boss circuits
- Never bored – 7 event types, from classic Race to innovative Arena Race and Score-Based Endurance
- Create your story – 6 racing teams, each requiring a different driving approach, and 4 increasingly fast racing classes
- Powerup – 10+ racing-focused, upgradable powerups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more
- Music for your ears – full 5.1 support and a dynamic soundtrack that will drop sicker and sicker beats the faster you go