PUBG Corporation has released a brand new update for the PC version of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on the Test Servers. According to the release notes, Update 6.3 introduces a new Karakin exclusive launcher, Panzerfaust. Moreover, it brings weapon balance tweaks, quality of life improvements and numerous bug fixes.
Going into more details, the Panzerfaust is a powerful AoE damage tool on the Battlegrounds. However, it also has some drawbacks. Firstly, Panzerfaust takes up a primary weapon slot, limiting your options on the diverse terrain of Karakin. Additionally, the projectile travels pretty quickly, but can be dodged by the attentive player. Also, there is a backblast area behind the Panzerfaust.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client and once you opt-in to the public test server. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Update 6.3 Release Notes
Weapon Balance Tweaks
Stronger and more versatile. You can now also attach Red Dots and Holos to your Tommy.
- Added upper rail to attach Red Dot and Holo Sights
- Increased rate of fire from 700 to 750
- Increased firing accuracy
- We’ve reduced the bullet deviation penalty when firing for an extended duration
- Increased moving accuracy
- Decreased recoil when firing for an extended duration
- This is due to the increased rate of fire
Removed from Care Packages and added to normal loot on Miramar and Erangel. Can now take more attachments but is tougher to control and does less damage.
- Added Stock attachment slot
- A Tactical Stock can be equipped to improve weapon stability
- Added Magazine attachment? slot
- Reduced standard ammo capacity to 75
- Now holds 150 with an extended mag
- Decreased base bullet damage from 45 to 40
- Increased recoil
- Found on Miramar and Erangel
- Semi-rare spawn
An increase in power across the board, making the UMP a more viable choice for your arsenal.
- Increased base bullet damage? from 39 to 41
- Increases rate of fire from 650 to 670
- Increased muzzle velocity from 300 to 360
- This means an increase to the speed at which bullets leave the barrel, making it a bit easier to track moving targets
Alongside these balance changes, the M249 and Tommy Gun models and firing sounds have been updated.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Improved visibility of nearby items on the ground by enhancing the glowing effect and adding a new pulse effect
- The new pulse effect can be disabled and is listed as “Item Flashing Effect” under Gameplay settings
- Added an electric static sound to the Blue Zone wall providing players with an audible queue when the Blue Zone is near
- [Team Deathmatch] Added Rich Presence to let your Discord and Steam friends know when you’re fragging in TDM
- [Team Deathmatch] Invincibility will now be removed instantly when engaging in combat (firing a weapon, throwing grenade etc.)
- [Team Deathmatch] Hotkey for player reports is disabled for 1 second after death to prevent accidental activation
Fixed the following issues:
- Location of teammate’s character not synchronized with observer’s display in certain situations
- Map texture displayed in poor quality
- ‘Round 3’ message constantly displayed and round not starting in Team Deathmatch
- Name of Victory dance 12 emote not displayed properly
- Visual misalignment on the Blue Zone UI
- Visual issue with the background of the vehicle durability UI
- PLAYERUNKNOWN’S Trench Coat clipping through the character
- All glasses & mask items not being displayed when equipping Golden Dragon Traditional Cap
- Titles of all Keys not being displayed correctly in store and inventory
- Unable to accomplish the mission ‘Reach top 10 after earning a kill with QBZ/AKM’ in certain situations