PUBG Corporation has released a major new update for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds that adds more refined gameplay mechanics, new features, and a new vehicle and weapon. The PC update also brings the new Ledge Grab mechanic and vehicle, BRDM-2, among other things.
As the press release reads, all these refinements and new content are in addition to the upcoming Erangel Visual Update, which will see the iconic map getting a visual and gameplay update, that update will roll out later this summer.
As always, Steam will download this latest patch the next time you launch its client, and below you can find its complete changelog.
PUBG Patch #30 Release Notes
New Vehicle: BRDM-2
- BRDM-2 can only be called in as a special Care Package using the Flare Gun on all maps and it replaces the armored UAZ.
- Over waterways or terrain, this amphibious vehicle increases your options to navigate firefights and the Battlegrounds themselves.
New Weapon: Deagle
- The Deagle is a handgun that deals the strongest pistol damage with great muzzle velocity and will be spawned on all maps.
- Deagle can deal 62 damage per shot and take both red-dot and holographic sights, various magazines and a laser sight that improves hip fire accuracy.
Gameplay feature: Ledge Grab
- Ledge grab allows you to take new paths by climbing up the edge of roofs, fences, and obstacles up to 2.5 meters high, and jump from building to building or container to container.
- Now that players can move to places they weren’t able to reach before, players can now employ new strategies by climbing to places their opponents won’t be able to anticipate.
Improved Gas Can
- Added strategic elements to the Gas Can, an item that used to be seen to have few advantages to loot.
- As soon as Gas Can explodes, it will deal damage to all players in a radius around its location.
- The PUBG team is introducing text-based Radio Messages that will help players communicate with their team more quickly and easily for successful strategic gameplay.
- Players can hold the mouse wheel or F3 to open the Radio Message Wheel UI to ping locations, items and spot enemies and share that info with their team.
Survival Supply System
- The new limited-time “Survival Supply System” has been added to help players earn even more Battle Points (BP) to acquire cool in-game items. The new system will provide daily and weekly missions to accomplish and earn BP as a reward. The free Survival Supply System will run from after June 26th, 2019 up until live server maintenance on July 24th, 2019.
- Unlike the previous Supply System, there is no level and rewards once daily/weekly missions are accomplished. Rewards start at 200 BP and go up to 1,500 BP.
New Skins & Items
- New skins can you purchase directly with BP.
- Added 2 GLL Grand Slam: PUBG Classic items
- Added 2 MET Asia Series: PUBG Classic items
- Added 10 Summer Season items
- Added 10 Twitch Broadcaster Royale items
- Added 2 BattleStat Skins items
- Added items for purchase directly with BP.
- 2 BattleStat Skins
- 6 shoes
- Changes to Weapon Mastery include the addition of Emblem animations, and more options to view, equip and unequip weapon charms.
- New UI/UX options allow for more brightness options per individual map, and refinements to the readability of the parachute UI, a new Featured page for the Store and refined Survivor Pass in-game mission UI.
- Performance improvements with loading/rendering buildings and reduced delay when opening crates from the Store.
- Custom Matches now feature the 2019 Global Rule Present in the Custom Match Esports Mode, and further options for sorting players and custom game creation
- Replay system has been updated