Foresight Games today released the first details, screenshots and announcement trailer for its dystopian tactical turn-based RPG, Project Haven. Set in an urban near-future that is Haven City, players can control a squad of mercenaries as they battle gangsters, rivals mercs and corrupt government forces in a bid to make ends meet.
The game promises to feature a unique free-aiming combat and nonrestrictive navigating system. Therefore, Project Haven promises to bring a refreshing way of play through a gritty story for a mature audience.
Sérgio Gil of Foresight Games said:
“Being fans of tactical turn-based games ourselves, and disheartened by the lack of games with good story and multiplayer co-op in the genre, we decided this would be our first endeavor”.
With Project Haven you command the Steel Dragons, a mercenary outfit fighting for survival in the harsh Haven City. Players will manage their crew’s stats and gear, wrangle a diverse range of merc personalities, and conquer the game’s deep tactical elements.
As you complete the story-driven campaign, you and your Steel Dragons will discover cold and brutal conspiracies that beat in the very corrupted heart of this last city of Earth.
Here are the game’s key features:
- MANUAL OVERRIDE ON AIMING: Our unique free-aiming system allows you to take control of a merc and manually shoot from 3rd person view. With our modular damage feature, you can wing your enemy to reduce their accuracy, shoot them in the legs to slow their movement, or go for sweet extra damage with a headshot.
- FLEXIBLE TACTICAL COMBAT: Hunker down or lean into cover. Use stealth to avoid detection. Throw grenades or heal your mercs. Hack locks or demolish walls to get to your enemies. And all the while your mercs have free movement, navigating without restrictive square or hex grids.
- MATURE STORYTELLING: Learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
- RPG CHARACTER BUILDING: Improve your mercs’ attributes and unlock new skills as they gain experience and level up.
- ADVANCED WEAPON MECHANICS: Magazine management, chambered bullets, and different types of ammo for different situations. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well projectiles penetrate and damage the target.
- MANY HOURS OF GAMEPLAY: Several unique maps with diverse enemies and multiple ways to achieve your objectives, making for substantial replayability.
- CO-OP AND SKIRMISH MODE: Play with up to 3 friends in a turn-based online co-op campaign mode, or skirmish in randomly generated maps, fighting against friends or AI, either alone or in a co-op game.