Metroid fans, here is a Christmas present for you. The team behind Project AM2R has released a new demo version for it. Project AM2R aims to recreate Metroid 2 with updated graphics and gameplay, while at the same time taking elements from newer Metroid titles: the fast paced gameplay of Metroid: Zero Mission, the atmosphere and solitude of Super Metroid.
Those interested can download this new, extended, demo from the game’s official website.
According to its changelog, version 1.1 comes with added in-game options, a new music engine, new suit sprites, and more balanced fights.
Here is the changelog of Project AM2R V1.1:
– Ported the project to Game Maker 8.1
– Expanded Metroid AI, and balanced the fights
– New subscreen selection system
– Added in-game options screen, you can change your controls in mid-game now
– New suit sprites
– Added in-game hints for the novice player
– Added more scans, and expanded the notification system
– New map system, with more details and a customizable marker
– New music engine
– Added reverb sound effects
– Added different footstep sounds
– New display and control options
– Many small bug fixes and optimizations
Metroid 2 Remake Preview
Metroid: Confrontation - AM2R Demo 2 Trailer