Daybreak Games will release today a new patch for PlanetSide 2. This update brings some much-needed attention to the NSO faction, fixes some long-standing bugs, enables respeccing your A.S.P. skills, and turns on the holiday event.
Going into more details, NSO characters now have access to the Defector infantry class. The Defector acts as a “MAX unit” with the same implied restrictions (long revive time, healed by repairs, cannot enter certain vehicles).
Moreover, NSO characters now have access to the Javelin light transport and reconnaissance unit. They can also find the SR-200 bolt-action sniper rifle in the Depot for 1000 Certs or 699 DBC.
The December 17th Update also launches the Winter Event. The Auraximas winter event lasts from December 18, 2019 through January 5, 2020. In addition, the team has added Snowmen and Stonemen on the battlefields of Indar, Esamir, Hossin, and Amerish.
Last but not least, players can now purchase an A.S.P. Respec Token in the Depot under the Boosts and Utilities category. Not only that, but BioLabs has also received a seasonal makeover.
Below you can find some additional features/fixes/improvements that this update brings to the table.
PlanetSide December 17 Update Release Notes
- Platoons can once again enable squad recruitment outside of Alpha squad.
- Various bug fixes related to the World Map screen.
- Improved the World Map screen to showcase lock states better and made other visual improvements.
- Players should no longer be able to clip beneath the ground while crouching rhythmically.
- Adjusted description for NSX Amaterasu.
- Improved visuals on shield impact and shield depletion particle effects.
- Fixed a typo in the Cold Heart description that stated it reduced cooling by 30%, when it was functionally 20%.
- Cold Heart now also passively applies its 20% cooldown speed to heat-based tools, like the Engineer’s Repair Tool, at all times.
- NSX, Mayhem, Exceptional, and Bounty directives have all been moved to a new “Specialty” directive tree.
- Exceptional II now uses the same completion numbers per tier as Exceptional I (2/3/4/5) and has been reduced from the 5/5/6/6 implemented in the November update.
- NS and NS-A Commando melee weapons now properly track weapon medals.
- NSO Flash ATV now has access to the Mineguard cert line.
- Flash ATV’s fall damage resistance has been increased.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to spawn beneath the floor of buildings. We are still investigating edge cases, but this bug should be reduced with the update.