Frontier has released a massive new patch for Planet Zoo. This patch will update your game’s version to 1.3 and comes with over 400 fixes and updates. The patch also comes with a number of fixes for crashes, water treatment balancing, and a load of new options for Sandbox Mode.
Going into slightly more details, this patch balances water treatment facilities and fixes a bug with the inspector incorrectly reporting dehydrated and starving animals. Moreover, it improves performance when moving train via multiselect button.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. You can also find below its complete changelog.
Planet Zoo Patch 1.3 Release Notes
- Further crash and stability fixes.
- Fixed crash on frontend.
- Added a series of new options to customise your play –
- Power usage
- Water treatment
- Fence degradation
- Death by old age
- Staff happiness degradation
- Staff energy degradation
- Animal welfare needs
- Maximise guest happiness
- Freeze guest needs
- Guest limit setting now added to sandbox and challenge mode too.
- Unlocked assets in scenarios when they are loaded in sandbox and challenge mode.
- Fixed issue with assets grouped with guest entrances not being able to be deleted.
- Balanced water treatment facilities. They should now clean dirty water more effectively.
- Fixed bug with the inspector incorrectly reporting dehydrated and starving animals.
- Fixed animals being able to be dehydrated whilst swimming.
- Fixed bug when cancelling an animal move from the vet surgery which could cause the animal to become stuck.
- Fixed bug whereby small animals navigating over scenery could end up inside it.
- Fixed issue where animals could become stuck in vet surgery when player cancels moving them whilst they are receiving treatment.
- Balanced exhibit animal defecation rates.
- Various animation fixes and polish.
- Fixed issue when entering and exiting Ansel whilst in orbit camera the camera could relocate to a distant point.
- Suspended high grazer occupancy increased from 1 to 4 animals.
- Fixed bug with small barrel feeder which could cause the keeper to flip upside down when refilling it.
- Added staff thought for staff that can’t reach their workzone.
- Fixed further staff animation issues.
- Fix for vendor becoming stuck when undoing deletion of a shop.
- Fixed protesters and some guests in queues not fleeing escaped animals.
- Fixed bug causing guests to sometimes pop in to the air whilst walking.
- Updated the layout of scenario 4, adding staff buildings, staff and path layout, and lowered objective requirements.
- Updated workzones in scenario 5 and reduced gold objective requirements.
- Further balancing of scenario 7.
- Fixed further instance that could cause pressing ‘X’ to stop toggling between rotate and movement modes.
- Added notifications for keepers in workzones which don’t contain exhibits or habitats.
- Fixed ‘Release to wild’ option being available on animal info panel for animals that have been bought for cash.
- Fixed bug causing the time/weather UI close ‘X’ button to become unresponsive.
- Fixed issue where ‘Navigable Area’ would not update on an animal’s info panel whilst it was climbing.
- Fixed bug where typing in the loan repayment amount was being reset to the lowest repayments.
- Reduced amount of notifications for exhibit animals mating.
- Added option to hide blueprints in browser categories.
- Updated ‘sort’ setting in various UI to be retained when switching between tabs.
- Fixed bug when selecting certain areas of the globe in the frontend could cause the globe to flip upside-down.
- Fixed missing ‘Call Mechanic’ button on transport station info panel.
- Fixed bug with ‘Send to Storage’ button sometimes being inactive in animal info panel.
- Fixed misreporting of food costs on habitat info panel.
- Added fanfare for community challenge rewards.
- Improved performance when moving train via multiselect button.
- Bins and donation boxes should now be easier to place on undulating terrain.
- Fixed missing torso when using avatar costumes on slim female avatars.
- Various bug fixes and polish, including –
- Added new ambient music tracks.
- Tweaked the “eeuw” reaction behaviour to pooping.
- Added a sub mix for headphones / stereo.
- More crowd variations and individual reactions.
- UI mix pass and additional audio.
- Fixed an issue with ambient speakers self-obstructing and muffling the sound.
- More variations to animal sounds
- Various localisation fixes.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”