Now here is a game that a lot of dinosaur fans will find interesting. Alderon Games has launched a crowd-funding campaign for Path of Titan; a new MMO survival game that lets you play as a dinosaur. Yes, contrary to ARK: Survival Evolved, Path of Titans will actually let you become a Daspletosaurus (basically the devolved version of a T-Rex) or a Latenivenatrix (basically think of it as a feathered version of the Raptors you loved in Jurassic Park).
In Path of Titans, players will have to survive as a dinosaur in a rich ecosystem filled with intelligent AI creatures and up to 200 other players. Players will be able to explore a realistic, detailed environment and complete objectives on their own or with members of their pack.
The game promises to feature an extensive environment you must survive in. Players will have to find water, forage for edible plants, and hunt prey in order to avoid death. Players will also be able to partake in realistic, environment driven quests in order to gain points to put towards improving their character and permanently unlocking skins or new dinosaurs.
Path of Titans will feature scientifically accurate dinosaurs, will offer modding tools to players, and will support cross-play between mobile and PC. Unfortunately, though, the game will not be available on Steam (it will be available exclusively via Alderon Games’ launcher).
Here are the game’s key features:
- Permanent characters with in-depth skin and trait customization
- A complex questing system.
- Group and Guild systems that allow for pack hunting and herd migration, with servers supporting up to 200 concurrent players.
- Lush environment filled with AI dinosaurs and smaller prehistoric creatures
- Swimming, diving, and fishing in both lakes and rivers.
- Cross platform functionality, play the game from your PC with your friends on mobile and vice versa.
- Powerful modding tools with extensive documentation, and a backend allowing modders to deliver their content to other players.
Now the good news is that this game has already been funded, and it doesn’t appear to be a scam. The team has also released an in-game trailer that you can find below, and a pre-release version will go live in December 2019.