NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 456.38 WHQL driver adds official support for the GeForce RTX 30 series. Moreover, it offers optimal performance in Fortnite RTX, Mafia: Definitive Edition and Halo 3 ODST.
Additionally, this new driver adds GeForce Experience Automatic Performance Tuning for GeForce RTX 30-series and RTX 20-series. It also adds GeForce Experience in-game performance monitoring for GeForce GTX 600 series and above. The NVIDIA GeForce 456.38 WHQL driver also introduces NVIDIA Broadcast app with AI-powered noise removal and virtual background.
You can download the NVIDIA GeForce 456.38 WHQL driver from here. You can also find its complete changelog below.
NVIDIA GeForce 456.38 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Game Ready Driver
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Fortnite’s dramatic new update which adds raytraced effects, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Reflex, and a custom RTX map. In addition, this release also
provides optimal day-1 support for Halo 3: ODST and Mafia: The Definitive Edition.
- Includes support for GeForce RTX 3080 and 3090 GPUs
- GeForce Experience Automatic Performance Tuning for GeForce RTX 30-series and RTX 20-series
- GeForce Experience in-game performance monitoring for GeForce GTX 600 series and above
- ShadowPlay gameplay recording now supports HDR on GTX 900-series and above (RTX 3090 can capture 8K 30fps HDR)
- NVIDIA Broadcast app with AI-powered noise removal and virtual background
- 5 New G-SYNC Compatible Monitors
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Baldur’s Gate 3
- Comanche (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
- Crusader Kings III
- Disintegration (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
- Population Zero
- RIDE 4 (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
- Rocket Arena (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
- The Blackout Club (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: Enabling Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling on PhysX games results in lower frame rate.
- [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare]: The game may intermittently see a drop in frame rate when ray tracing is enabled.
- [Detroit: Become Human]: The game may crash.
- [Forza Horizon 4]: Stuttering occurs in the game after racing a few laps.
- [Horizon Zero Dawn The Complete Edition]: Flickering and texture corruption occurs in game after setting Anisotropic Filtering to 16x from the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- [madVR][MPC-HC]: Various HDR issues occur when using the madVR renderer with MPC-HC.
- [Minecraft Java Edition;]: The game may crash when launched with XSplit Broadcaster running in the background.
- [World of Warcraft]: Objects randomly flicker.
- Video playback on the secondary display lags/freezes while playing a game on the primary display if Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled
- [Notebook]: Display is not detected when connected to Thunderbolt 3 port on HP Spectre x360 – 15t-df100 Notebook.
- [Notebook][NVIDIA Control Panel]: With Clone mode set, only the Developer pages are visible in the NVIDIA Control Panel after hot-plugging a DisplayPort/HDMI Freesync display.
- [Notebook]: When a game is played on the primary display and a YouTube video is played on the extended display, video playback is sluggish and stutters.
- [Pascal GPU][Marvel’s Avengers]: The game may crash when switching windows [Alt+Tab] while the game is running.