Interwave Studios has released a new update for Nuclear Dawn. This new update comes with lots of fixes, as well as attack notifications, health, and round timer in commander view, and new minimap blips for some player radio calls. The update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its entire changelog below. Nuclear Dawn is the first game to offer a full FPS and RTS experience, within a single gameplay model, without crippling or diluting either side of the game.
Nuclear Dawn Version 6 Update Changelog:
Weapons and slots:
– Frag grenades now vaporize other thrown frag grenades in blast radius. – Medpacks now have unlimited “ammo”. (Still only one can be placed at a time, per person). – Saboteur’s REDs now use grenade slot. – Added secondary weapon slot for sidearms. (Weapon slot binds will be reset to default). – P900 is now enabled for players that have reached level 60.
Commanders may now set a default spawn area:
– Transport gates in default area will show in purple color on minimap. – Default spawn area will show as purple on spawn point map. – Manually changing spawn location for self will override default until a new default is set by commander.
Added ammopacks for Support Engineer: – Engineer has a max of three ammopacks. – Ammopacks follow same supply rules as supply station, but do not refill. – Ammopacks do not supply more ammopacks – Ammopacks disappear when depleted or after 45 seconds.
Added hypospray device for Support Medic: – Hypospray has a max of two charges – Hypospray can be used on a teammate or on self (alt-fire). – Hypospray effect gives 15 seconds of 80% damage reduction to self. – Units under the effect of hypospray cannot be healed.
Added artillery strike calls: – Commanders may now enable artillery strike calls on artillery structures. – Players may call own artillery strikes from radial menu. – First in-range artillery that is enabled for calls and ready to fire will attack area designated by caller.
– Enabled attack notifications, health, and round timer in commander view. – Added minimap blips for some player radio calls.
– Fixed squad appearances not getting reset on team change. – Player stats now get updated when map changes mid-round. – Updated armblade crosshair to be more noticeable when in stab range. – Fixed multiple issues with Around the Track achievement. – Fixed Mac client crash when joining a server with custom files and sv_downloadurl enabled. – Fixed an issue causing medpacks to not affect certain players. – Fixed medpacks healing enemies. – Fixed a case where turrets would not decloak a stealth unit. – Fixed turrets continuing to fire at out-of-range enemies after locking on. – Fixed heartbeat sound sometimes getting ‘stuck’ as well as some related performance issues. – Fixed issues with heartbeat and bloodsplatter when spectating. – Fixed an issue where players could spawn with advanced kits at round start. – Fixed issues with Add Server to Favorites dialog box. – Fixed scaling of MOTD window. – Fixed being able to stack buildings by having multiple assemblers selected.
– Added oilfield_beta to default mapcycle and maplist. – Removed mapcycle, motd, and motdtext from vpk files so that custom ones can be used more easily. – Enabled mapcyclefile cvar. – Added sv_allow_voice_from_file cvar to allow server owners to stop voice file spam. – Servers with alltalk or friendlyfire enabled are now tagged in the server browser. – Fixed medkit_heal event always have 0 for “ownerid” property. – Added “weapon” property to structure_death event. – Updated team balancer to be more likely to keep squads together.
* Additional optimizing pass throughout the map * Relocated watchtower at the Empire Secondary point, to avoid assembler sniping * Added more cover around both faction areas, to avoid base sniping * Fixed invisible wall near the broken airplane * Fixed invisible wall blocking off the pipelines on the edge of the level * Fixed props disappearing at the primary point in rts mode * Fixed stairs to low in storage building * Increased amount of resource points * Fixed collision on the large oiltank * Fixed airplane wheel collisions blocking player * Fixed ladders not climeable on fueltrucks * Added climeable ladders for the oil silos throughout the level * Fixed able to fall between the two buildings and get stuck near the helicopter platform * Fixed several small issues throughout the level * Decreased lightmap scale for better shadow casting
* Fixed several texture overlapping issues * Removed ladders from oil derricks in the playable level (separated model)
* Fixed missing brush in the corner near the Empire base * Rebuild nav mesh for bots
* Fixed commander able to build in the primary pit * Added a few extra no-build areas to avoid structures being deployed inside buildings.
* Changed default skybox to Tokyo * Removed some L4d2 related parameters
* Improved Primary bunker collision model * Improved collision for the small metal stairs in Hydro * Fixed primary console collision models
Interwave Studios has released another update for Nuclear Dawn that comes with some balance tweaks and even more fixes. Two patches in two days. Nice going Interwave, keep it up!
Balance changes * Each ammopack can now only supply each player up to one of each grenade type and one hypospray. * EMP blasts now destroy nano skin effect on enemies. * Hypospray / nano skin damage reduction lowered to 70%. * Poison damage is no longer reduced by nano skin. * Increased damage for all turret types. * Reduced X01 effective range.
Fixes * Fixed server browser player count being incorrect if bots were in game. * Fixed opposing team’s default spawn showing in purple. * Fixed missing structure health indicator on repair tool. * Fixed some inconsistencies with nano skin duration bar, especially when hypospraying other players. * Artillery radio calls are now rate-limited. * Made icon above players with nano skin clearer. * Class ability key now always goes to repair tool on Support Engineer, rather than cycling tools. * Repair tool is now first, before ammo pack, when cycling tools as Support Engineer.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities.Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards." Contact: Email