Today, Hi-Rez Studios introduced another significant update to the Open Beta of the free-to-play fast-action multiplayer shooter Tribes: Ascend. This p includes three new Capture the Flag maps, additional European and Asian servers, server performance optimizations, bug fixes, balance changes, as well as more polished reticules and HUD icons.
Here are the key features of the new update:
· Added Sunstar, a new Capture the Flag map.
· Temple Ruins, a Capture the Flag map, has been revised based on community feedback and returns to the Quick Play rotation.
· Additional European servers added. Region selection includes Europe – London and Europe – Amsterdam.
· Additional Asian servers added. Region selection includes Asia – Japan, and Asia – Singapore
· Server performance optimizations.
· More polished reticules and HUD icons. Also, users may now disable unwanted HUD elements using SETTINGS menu.
· User settings now stored server-side. Setting may be reset with this patch but settings should be preserved upon future patches.
Other balance changes, features, and bug-fixes are detailed in the patch notes. Hi-Rez Studios also announced their intent to reward the very active Beta community. When Tribes: Ascend officially releases on April 12th, all Beta players who have reached level 10 will receive an exclusive in-game Beta badge.
To play Tribes: Ascend Open Beta today visit its official website. All player progress and unlocks in Beta will be preserved through release with no planned character wipes.