Croteam has released a new update for the PC version of Serious Sam 3. This patch fixes graphics corruption under OpenGL if game is minimized or “alt-tabbed” while it is loading content, other issues that plagued the game’s Steam Workshop, and adds some other stuff about the Serious Editor. The update will be auto-downloaded next time you star the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog below. Enjoy!
Serious Sam 3 Update Changelog:
– Added a script that offers to automatically install libpci.3 on linux if it is missing.
– Fixed graphics corruption under OpenGL if game is minimized or “alt-tabbed” while it is loading content.
– Fixed screen-shot grabbing and manual save-game thumbnails not working under OpenGL.
– OpenGL library can now load even if some vendor dependent functions are missing.
– X11 libraries on Linux are now dynamically loaded, so game can properly report and error if something is missing.
– Dedicated server on Linux no longer requires X11 to be installed.
– Fixed problems with filenames of wrong case that happened only with Linux dedicated server.
– Full support for language packs in Workshop. Language mods can now work even in pure (non-moddable) version of the game, and don’t require any customization from user side. Just subscribe to them.
– Workshop packages menu is now also available in non-moddable version of application (this allows enabling/disabling of language packs).
– User is now properly notified when Steam Workshop content download fails.
– Fixed issues that might have prevented some user accounts from uploading to Workshop.
– SeriousEditor now displays Steam Workshop sync progress in status bar.
– Upload to Steam Workshop command is no longer available until Steam Workshop sync is finished. Previuously, it locked up the application.
– Fixed an issue causing clients to always see weapon change on HUD at game start.
– Fixed a lockup happening if spectator cameras are linked in a closed loop. This only happened with user-made levels.
– Weapon change attempt is now correctly being indicated on HUD if performed during sprint.
– Fixed popup menus in Serious Editor sometimes going off the bottom of the screen in multimonitor setups.
– Fixed duplicate directory entries being shown in Serious Editor in file browsing for directories inside user-made .gro files.
– Added vertex merge when importing fbx meshes.
– Added facilities in Serious Editor to automate editing on entities from console scripts.
– Added cfuncs edtGetMemberValue(strUserDataPath) and edtSetMemberValue(strUserDataPath, value) used to change entity properties.
– Added cfunc edtSelectEntityPropertyByID(iEntityID).
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."