Last week, we informed you about a mod that could unlock the framerate in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. That mod relied on Steamless, a tool that could very well ban users from playing the game as PC gamers had to modify the executable file. Thankfully, modder ‘uberhalit’ released a new mod that can do the same thing without the need to modify any game files.
What this basically means is that this new mod is compatible with every game version and will not get you banned for using it. In other words, it is similar to pretty much all the other “safe” mods that have been released so far for Sekiro.
The “Sekiro Fps Unlock And More” mod removes the frame rate limit, adds custom resolutions with 21/9 widescreen support, increases field of view (FOV) (credits go to jackfuste who was responsible for the first FPS unlock mod) and adds a borderless window mode for Sekiro. This mod accomplishes the aforementioned tweaks by patching the game’s memory while running, and as we’ve already said it does not modify any game files.
Those interested can download the mod from here and you can find below its key features.
- Does not modify any game files, RAM patches only, works with all game versions
- GSYNC and FreeSync support for fullscreen and even in borderless window mode
- unlock frame rate (remove FPS limit) by setting a new custom limit or setting lock to unlimited
- add a custom resolution, 21/9 widescreen supported (will overwrite default 1920×1080 resolution, HUD limited to 16/9)
- increase field of view (FOV) (credits to jackfuste)
- set the game to borderless window mode
- automatically patch game on startup
- hotkey for patching while in (borderless) window mode
- seamlessly switch between windowed, borderless and borderless fullscreen