Ah, good old Gothic 3. Such a great game that was filled with one hell of bugs and glitches. Its community tried to fix most of them and after a while, a special Enhanced Edition got released. Now, a couple of months after the release of Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition, a new patch for it has been released. This patch comes with improved HDR effects, FXAA support and lots of fixes. Therefore, be sure to download it if you are still playing or if you’re planning to do so in the near future. Complete changelog after the jump.
– Timing issue on multicore processors fixed (can be switched on or off by Timer.ThreadSafe in ge3.ini).
– Fixed error in the “forced subtitles” feature.
– Removed last remains of revolution logic.
+ Improved shadow quality (shader 3.0 only).
+ Screen noise improved.
+ Improved Bloom/HDR.
– Depth of field / soft particle issue in combination with watersurface.
+ FXAA implemented for Shader 3.0, edge smoothing removed.
+ It’s easier to solve the quest “Bring the troops to Gotha” now.
+ Theo has only a cudgel equipped.
– Removed Khadim’s key from Gerrell’s inventory.
+ The hero doesn’t put away his staff or torch anymore when eating fruit, meat, fish, or bread.
– Useless type of “magic ore” removed from the game.
+ The magic ore for Soma can now be distinguished from the usual magic ore and can’t be sold anymore.
+ Garik’s shield doesn’t lie around openly anymore, but can be found in Garik’s chest.
+ The teleport stone to Vengard can now be found in the temple of Vengard.
– Duplicate Faring_Trader_02 and Vangard_Trader_03 removed.
– Rollan and the Mystic Wanderer don’t stand inside each other anymore.
– NPC navigation in Okara improved.
– Collision at the entries of certain rooms corrected.
– Improved daily routines of the NPCs on the beach underneath Cape Dun.
– Improved Clovis’ daily routine after his return to Geldern.
– Improves Osch’s daily routine in Gotha.
– Thorus and Hanz are teachers now.
+ “Hashishin’s chest” can only opened with the fitting key.
+ Garik’s chest and his bow chest can only be opened with the fitting keys.
– Fixed all ten chests that could be looted endlessly.
+ Basket in Vengard made accessible.
– Misplaced chests in Faring and near Silden relocated.
+ Grass removed from the arena of Gotha.
– Several small fixes.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."