Capcom has released a new major update for Monster Hunter World. According to the release notes, this patch adds a new monster, Deviljho, a new specialized tool, Dragonproof Mantle, and a new costume for The Handler.
Furthermore, this patch fixes the remaining connection issues that were causing excessive error messages, issues that would slow down processing in certain conditions (like the thunder element effects causing framerate issues), as well as a bug where the help text for setting Online Sessions to private provided incorrect information.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client and you can find its complete changelog below.
Monster Hunter World Patch V.152771 Release Notes
- Added a new monster: Deviljho! (Includes new Deviljho weapons, and the Vangis ? and ? armor sets.)
Note: Deviljho will invade 6? quests, 7? quests, and high rank expeditions once you have completed the investigation for the “??? Rathian” in the main story. After completing certain conditions, you will unlock the Deviljho special assignment.
- Added a new specialized tool: Dragonproof Mantle.
- Added a new costume for The Handler: Astera 3 Star Chef Coat (Downloadable Content).
- Fixed remaining connection issues that were causing excessive error messages.
In the event a host is disconnected from a session, they will be reconnected as long there is a guest remaining in the session.
In the event that you are disconnected from Steam, it will attempt to reconnect and will not display an error message unless the reconnection fails.
- Fixed issues that would slow down processing in certain conditions:
When a large amount of thunder element effects are displayed
When breaking off parts of Bazelgeuse’s back
- Fixed a bug where some players could not exit the Poogie menu when changing their Poogie’s name.
- Fixed a bug where Limited Bounty information would be lost when accessing the bounty list at the Resource Center in offline mode.
- Fixed a bug where the help text for setting Online Sessions to private provided incorrect information.
Before: Make your Online Session invisible to searches. (Players can still join with the ID or via invitations.)
After: Make your Online Session invisible to searches. (Players can still join with the Online Session ID.)
- Fixed an issue in Arabic where the “Groups” guild card title was not consistent with other titles (guild card titles are displayed in English).