Intel is the first of the three big GPU companies that has released optimized drives for Hogwarts Legacy and Returnal. Intel has been doing its best to improve overall performance in its Arc GPUs, so this is great news for those owning these graphics cards.
Unfortunately, and other than support for these two games, this new Intel Arc driver doesn’t bring any additional improvements or fixes. Still, we highly recommend downloading it. After all, it packs all the improvements introduced in previous drivers.
Intel Arc Graphics | DirectX 9 Performance Update
You can download the new Intel Arc 22.214.171.12423 driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Intel Arc 126.96.36.19923 Driver Release Notes
Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics for:
- Hogwarts Legacy
Intel® Arc™ Graphics Products
- Red Dead Redemption 2* (Vulkan) may experience application crash in benchmark mode when Screen Type is
- Halo Infinite* (DX12) may exhibit color corruption during gameplay when Reflections settings are enabled.
- Sea of Thieves* (DX11) may exhibit color corruption on water edges.
- Conqueror’s Blade* (DX11) may exhibit corruption in benchmark mode.
- System may hang while waking up from sleep. May need to power cycle the system for recovery.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encode with some versions of Adobe
- Blender may exhibit corruption while using Nishita Sky texture node.
Intel® Iris™ Xe MAX Graphics Products
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with both Intel® Iris™ X
e + Iris™ X e MAX devices. A system reboot and re-installation of the graphics driver may be required for successful
Intel® Core™ Processor Products
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection* (DX12) may exhibit texture or striped corruption during gameplay.
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide* (DX12) may exhibit texture or striped corruption during gameplay.
- Dysterra* (DX12) may exhibit texture corruption during gameplay.
- Total War: Warhammer III* (DX11) may experience an application crash when loading battle scenarios.
- Call of Duty Warzone 2.0* (DX12) may exhibit corruption on certain buildings and floors during gameplay.
- Conqueror’s Blade* (DX12) may experience an application crash during game launch.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem* (DX12) may experience application instability during gameplay.
INTEL® ARC™ CONTROL KNOWN ISSUES
- Windows UAC Admin is required to install and launch Arc Control.
- The Live Performance Monitoring page may not apply the desired removal of some performance metric tiles.
- The Resizable Bar status may show an incorrect value on systems with multiple Intel® Graphics Adapters.
- Using Arc Control Studio capture with certain games may incorrectly generate multiple video files.
- Using Arc Control Studio capture with AVC codec selected may incorrectly use the HEVC codec
- Modifying performance sliders may fail to apply back to their default values. A workaround is to use the “Reset to Defaults” button.
Intel® Arc™ Control Performance Tuning (BETA)
- • Intel® Arc™ Control Performance Tuning is currently in Beta. As such, performance and features may behave unexpectedly. Intel® will continue to refine the Performance Tuning software in future releases.