Warner Bros and Monolith have released a new update for the PC version of Gotham City Impostors. This update comes with various fixes, as well as a new game mode (called Bounty Hunter) and a new map (called East End). In addition, the patch adds a mute/unmute functoinality in the matchmaking lobby, the ability to select specific localized voice to be played from player and the ability to detect Toxic Gas with the BO Sniffer. As always, the update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog below. We should note that this update is also available for the PS3 and X360. Enjoy!
The “East End” map can be enjoyed in all multiplayer game modes, as well as the single-player challenge mode. The “Bounty Hunter” mode offers fans a variation on Team Deathmatch that rewards each team for collecting bounties from their fallen opponents, with the winner being the first team to collect 50 bounties. And for those who want to smack-talk in another language, they can now choose to have their Impostor speak in –game in any of the following languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish and German.
Gotham City Impostors Update Changelog:
• Added a new game mode called Bounty Hunter.
• Added a new map called East End.
• Added mute/unmute functoinality in the matchmaking lobby.
• Added the ability to select specific localized voice to be played from player.
• Added that costume coins do not reset when promoting.
• Added that the BO Sniffer now detects Toxic Gas.
• Fixed players getting stuck in their own matchmaking lobby.
• Fixed issue with showing “Load failed” multiple times when content download fails.
• Fixed issue with Double XP consumable not showing consistently.
• Fixed crashed with vote skipping while in a party.
• Fixed problem with using Toxic Gas after spring boots
• Fixed missing WBID awards after having stats restored.
• Fixed weapon skins unlocks showing incorrect skin.
• Fixed Costume Coins incorrectly labeled as Funny Money.
• Fixed problems with mascots not animating.
• Fixed problems with player save information getting lost, causing progression to start all over.
• Fixed problem with lobby host leaving a dedicated server game causing join in progress players getting blocked.
• Fixed party clients getting stalled when joining in progress.
• Fixed various psych profile not awarded proper bonus points.
• Fixed crash associated with Live services going down.
• Fixed purchasing a Black Market item incorrectly automatically equipping the item.
• Fixed Costume items that cost over 2000 not displaying correctly.
• Fixed some text overruns in localized languages.
• Fixed some issues with displaying icons on muted players.
• Fixed issues with timer not showing sometimes when joining in progress.
• Fixed issue with timer counting down by two in matchmaking.
• Fixed long loading screen if party members idle and are removed.
• Fixed incorrect messages played when an enemy attacked a neutral fumigation point.
• Fixed issues with joining a game in progress during the last minute.
• Fixed problems with team names at beginning of 2nd and subsequent rounds.
• Improved matchmaking to cycle to new lobbies if below a certain number of players and favor fuller lobbies.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”