NACON and Big Ant Studios have announced their new joint project, Tennis World Tour 2, and revealed the first gameplay video for it. Tennis World Tour 2 is a new tennis game that is coming to the PC in September 2020.
As the press release reads, in Tennis World Tour 2, fans can experience a realistic tennis game. The game promises to capture all the sport’s unique characteristics and competitiveness. Using feedback from a fan community comprising some 700,000 gamers, many aspects of the game have been redesigned from the ground up. This includes faster gameplay that puts players’ skills and nerves to the test. Big Ant has also added more animations, which improves the game’s realism and fluidity.
Big Ant studio also wanted to offer more diverse content for this new game in the series. Thus, it has added doubles tennis and a new competition that tennis players will be very familiar with: Tie Break Tens. This format consists of short matches where the winner is the first to reach 10 points, ideal for when you want to play intense matches and a quick series of games.
Here are also the game’s key features.
- Highly anticipated new features. The ability to play doubles matches with up to 4 players locally and online, an improved serve system and a new shot timing mechanic
- Multiple official stadiums, among them the Manuel Santana court in Madrid and the OWL Arena in Halle
- One new competition format: Tie Break Tens
- 38 tennis stars: the biggest names are all featured this year, including Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Ashleigh Barty
- Multiple game modes. Career, Quick Match, Online, Tournament, Ranked Match and Tie Break Tens – there’s a format to suit every player
To be honest with you, though, this first gameplay video does not look that great. The game still feels unrealistic to me, and nowhere as fluid as I had hoped after reading the press release. So yeah, let’s hope that Big Ant will further improve things before release.