Curve Digital announced today that multiplayer action-RPG The Ascent will launch on the PC in 2021. To celebrate this announcement, developer Neon Giant has put together a short video to showcase an update on development and illustrate a variety of features.
The Ascent will see players dive into ‘The Ascent Group’ arcology; a self-contained corporate-run metropolis, stretching high into the sky and filled with creatures from all over the galaxy. Taking on the role of an indentured worker, the world starts to go haywire when The Ascent Group shuts down for unknown reasons. Life becomes a case of survival, with rival corporations and crime syndicates looking to fill the empty space. Players will have to take up arms and hold them off. The Ascent begins here.
Tor Frick, Art Director and co-founder of Neon Giant, said:
“Xbox Game Pass is an amazing proposition for us as a small indie developer with a team of only 11 people. It allows more players around the world to experience our game. To celebrate this exciting news, we wanted to cement the game’s place in 2021’s next-gen line-up by casting light on what players can expect to experience at launch.”
Here are also the game’s key features:
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes