Well, it was to be expected. Interstellar Marines would – sooner or later – jump on the crowd-funding bandwaggon. And here we are today, announcing the Kickstarter campaign for Zero Point’s FPS title. In case you were unaware of, Interstellar Marines: Prologue is a sci-fi FPS that offers a unique blend of tactical co-op, progressive role-playing, and nonlinear gameplay, featuring the intense backstory leading up to First Contact – the first game in our ambitious trilogy.
Set in a convincing near-future time, the Interplanetary Treaty Organization (ITO) has secretly begun colonizing the first human settlement outside our solar system. Faced with the increased chance of establishing contact with another sentient species, the member countries of ITO decides to accelerate the research and training program of its interstellar warfare division, ahead of schedule.
Interstellar Marines: Prologue promises to feature:
• Diverse Combat Training: The entire game is built with a variety of fulfilling training scenarios in single-player, co-op and multiplayer.
• First Person Simulation: We have a razor-sharp focus on creating an immersive First Person Simulator via distinct graphics, sound and gameplay – no more floating cameras!
• Tactical Co-Op: Prologue is designed from the ground up to support up to 4 players in co-op, with truly cooperative interaction.
• Progressive Role-Playing: As you train your soldier you gain XP that converts into upgradeable skills on your character, weapon and equipment.
• Customizable Arsenal: With the latest in near-future weapons and equipment at your disposal, you have the option to fully customize your arsenal on the fly.
• Rich and Believable AI: In Prologue, we aim to deliver a believable AI that makes every encounter exciting.
• Simulated Training Environments: Experience an atmospheric training facility built to artificially simulate every conceivable encounter. AI SARA controls the mission variables, making sure every battle is different.
There are currently 651 backers that have pledged $16.268. Interstellar Marines: Prologue Kickstarter’s goal is $600.000 and there are 32 days left!