Crytek has released a brand new patch for its competitive first-person PvP bounty hunting game that comes with heavy PvE elements, HUNT: Showdown. According to the developers, this new patch adds extensive graphics options, brings various performance/optimization improvements, adds resolution scaling and more.
Going into more details, this new patch improves CPU performance as mainthread will be more stable and generally more efficient thanks to a collection of smaller improvements in game code and systems. The developers have also optimized the time to get into matches on both client and server (with potential saving of 20-30 seconds).
Players can now also scale the game rendering independently for their desired resolution with resolution scaling which can significantly improve GPU performance when users are GPU bound.
Last but not least, update 2.4 adds an additional matchmaking bracket, adds three new weapons, tweaks solo missions so they can now be single target missions, and re-balances low spec configuration and reduced GPU cost across the board.
This update will be auto-downloaded from Steam for those that have access to the game’s Early Access build, and below you can find its key features.
HUNT: Showdown Update 2.4 Release Notes
- Extended graphics settings – Users can now access a broader range of additional options that can customize performance based on available hardware.
- Loading time improvements – Optimized the time to get into matches on both client and server (Potential saving of 20-30 seconds).
- Resolution scaling – Players can now scale the game rendering independently for their desired resolution which can significantly improve GPU performance when users are GPU bound.
- GPU optimizations – Re-balanced low spec configuration and reduced GPU cost across the board.
- CPU optimizations – Mainthread will be more stable and generally more efficient thanks to a collection of smaller improvements in game code and systems.
- Matchmaking changes – Added an additional matchmaking bracket. Current brackets are now set to ranks 1 to 33 (with overflow to 50), ranks 34 to 66 (with overflow to 80), and ranks 67 to max rank (including prestige).
- Solo Missions – Solo missions will now be single target missions (1 Boss).
- New weapons
- Nagant M1895 Officer Carbine – A modified version of the Nagant M1895 Officer pistol with a long barrel and a stock.
- Specter 1882 Compact – A modified version of the Specter 1882 Shotgun with a foregrip and a sawn-off barrel. Wider spread, but shorter range.
- Crossbow Shotbolt – A hand-crafted crossbow that mixes the characteristics traits of a shotgun with those of a crossbow, utilizing bolts tipped with shotgun shells that detonate on impact setting off a cone of shotgun pellets.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”