Microsoft has announced that Gears 5 is currently free to play on the PC on both Steam and Windows Store. From today and until April 12th, PC gamers will be able to download and play the game for free.
This free to play offer allows you to play both the game’s single-player campaign and its multiplayer mode. Therefore, we strongly suggest taking advantage of it, especially if you wanted to experience its SP mode.
In Gears 5, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera.
Gears 5 is using Unreal Engine 4, and you can also find below its key features.
- Three-player Campaign Co-op: Battle alongside your friends in three-player online or split-screen co-op.
- Tours of Duty: Rank up from new recruit to four-star general in Gears Tours of Duty. Take on new and exciting challenges, earn awesome rewards, and show off your loot.
- Boot Camp: New to Gears or just a little rusty? Bootcamp is a fun way to learn the ropes, from the basics to advanced combat techniques.
- Play as Jack: Play as Jack, your personal flying support bot that can protect allies and damage enemies – perfect for players new to Gears.
- Visual Showcase: Play every mode in 4K and HDR at a smooth 60 frames per second on compatible machines